Are you worried about your thinning hair due to the faster-than-normal rate of hair fall? If you are, then you should read our OGX anti hair fall out review so that you can find an effective yet affordable solution to your hair woes! Here, you will find useful information about the shampoo and conditioner set.
Best Anti-Fallout Shampoo
Best Anti-Fallout Conditioner
Basic Guide to Buying Anti-hair Fallout Products
Buying the best over-the-counter anti-hair fall shampoo and conditioner is possible with the following tips:
- Determine whether the products are suitable for your hair type, texture and condition. Look at the label since the set may be suitable for straight or curly hair, among other hair types.
- Look at the ingredients to determine the presence of allergens, toxins, and other harmful chemicals. For example, sulfates and parabens aren’t suitable for use by people with falling or thinning hair.
- Read the consumer reviews on retail sites because these are usually reliable for their first-person views and experiences. These reviews are also good sources of information about actual results in relation to the recommended use (i.e., quantity and frequency).
Of course, your actual results will vary because your hair is as unique as you are! We suggest setting realistic expectations, too, since the likes of OGX anti hair fall out shampoo and conditioner set doesn’t contain prescription-strength ingredients.
A Closer Look at the Shampoo and Conditioner Set
The OGX Niacin3 Plus Caffeine Anti-Fallout Shampoo contains four essential ingredients in preventing further hair loss. These ingredients work in synergy with each other so their individual effects can be maximized.
The shampoo itself is part of a three-step regimen – first, the shampoo; second, the conditioner; and third, the root stimulator spray - which should be used in succession for best results.
The four main ingredients and their beneficial effects on hair are:
- Alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) aids in moisturizing, conditioning and strengthening hair strands, thus, minimizing breakage that otherwise contributes to hair fallout. Plus, it provides protection against heat from the sun’s ultraviolet rays and heat treatments (e.g., curling irons and blow dryers), as well as clean the hair of pollutants, dust and dirt.
- Niacin, a water-soluble B vitamin, increases blood flow and, hence, oxygen and nutrients to the scalp and hair. It’s then essential in strengthening the hair strands, boosting their thickness, and preventing further damage, such as in falling or thinning hair.
- Caffeine mainly blocks the adverse effects of DHT, a testosterone derivative known to cause male pattern baldness, as well as strengthens hair roots and stimulates hair follicles. It’s also known to lengthen the lifespan of hair strands resulting in less premature shedding (i.e., hair fall).
- Saw palmetto is a common herbal ingredient in hair loss products because of its blocking effects on DHT, particularly in inhibiting its growth.
All of these claims are great news, of course, but the main question still remains: Are these effective when used in the real world? Based on personal experience and consumer reviews, the answer is a resounding yes! Results will obviously vary but people in the early stages of excessive hair fall resulting in thinning hair are more likely to experience better results with OGX shampoo than those in more advanced stages.
In many an OGX shampoo review, users say that the shampoo doesn’t produce a rich lather but it isn’t surprising considering that it’s a sulfate-free shampoo; sulfates worsen hair fall and loss. The slightly minty smell on the hair and feeling on the scalp after rinsing the shampoo leaves a refreshing feeling without the dry sensation.
With regular and proper use, users say that they have experienced less shedding of hair, both in and out of the shower. The less shedding of hair, the less likely hair thinning will happen – truly, good news for people worried about premature baldness. While there’s no definite way of quantifying the before-and-after hair fall, you can always visually inspect the hair on the bathroom floor and on your comb to make comparisons.
Many users also say that their hair becomes bouncier, smoother and softer so combing and brushing becomes easier, too. The hair also seems more lustrous and more voluminous after a few weeks of use. The added fluff also makes hairstyling so much easier, thanks to the better definition and hold.
We have to say that in our OGX anti hair fall out shampoo review, we give it the thumbs up! The shampoo formulation smells and feels nice, and the reduced hair shedding is noticeable after two weeks of continued use.
The OGX Conditioner Anti-Hair Fallout Niacin + Caffeine Conditioner also shares many of the same ingredients as its shampoo counterpart but in a creamier formulation.
This can be used for most hair types and colors, even for people with dry and fizzy hair many of whom report a marked change in their hair’s softness and smoothness after a single use.
Most users say that the OGX anti hair fall out conditioner doesn’t feel as rich and creamy in comparison with other conditioners.
But it isn’t surprising, too, as it’s free from ingredients that make it feel heavy on the hair yet also damage the hair strands. After rinsing, your hair will not feel coated with conditioner yet the results are evident.
After rinsing, your hair will not feel coated with conditioner yet the results are evident. You may agree that the conditioner doesn’t untangle hair so well but it definitely makes for easier combing and brushing. You will also observe that your hair becomes bouncier, smoother and shinier, perhaps the healthiest-looking after months of dull and thinning hair.
Many an OGX conditioner review also point to the pleasant minty smell and the light feeling on the hair. There’s no sense of the hair strands being stripped of nor coated with oils, just the feeling of clean and moisturized hair.
In our OGX anti hair fall out conditioner review, we also want to point out that the conditioner shouldn’t be applied directly to the scalp. As with all types of hair conditioners, it is best applied to the ends of the hair first and then to the rest of the strands but avoid the scalp. Be sure to rinse well, too, since conditioner buildup on the hair can result in a heavy feeling, among other side effects.
The OGX Anti Hair Fallout Shampoo and Conditioner may be used separately – you can use your standard shampoo or conditioner – but if you want the best possible results, then we suggest using them as a set. Think about it: The ingredients in each of these hair care products work in synergy, not to mention that each product has its own function – the shampoo cleans your scalp and hair of pollutants, contaminants, and dirt while the conditioner brings back the hair’s smooth and soft quality.
Keep in mind, however, that the shampoo and conditioner are only part of a daily regimen to keep your hair healthy. Be sure to eat a healthy diet, apply hair-friendly practices, and protect your hair from heat, among others.
If you dye your hair, we recommend reading our best shampoo and conditioners for colored hair reviews.